Thursday, February 2, 2012

Pastor's Bible Study blog introduction and rules

My name is Ken Zitsch. I am Called to a church in the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS). I was originally ordained in a denomination called the Churches of God, General Conference (CGGC). My journey from the CGGC to the LCMS was a result of the conviction given to me that The Lutheran Church has all the markings of the true church dating from the apostolic age. My passion is to teach "sound doctrine."

 I invite you to interact with me over Scripture. I will post short meditations (not every day) from the daily lessons that are found in the Daily Office (Lindemann 1965). These lessons follow the Historic Church year. In this I trust that we will see that God is in control and He is "gathering together in one all things in Christ." (Eph. 1:10) I invite your comment to my posts. I will not post everyday. I may not get back to you for a couple of days just for the purpose of setting right expectations. You must set up a profile on Google that should not take any more than 5 minutes. I will also be glad to take any general questions that you might have concerning Scripture. My goal is that you sit at the feet of the King soaking in His wisdom. By the way, I have no wisdom in myself. What I have I have received as a gift from God.This is not a theological blog. I have another blog for that purpose at http://www.kzitsch.blogspot.com/. Scripture is all that is in view here with the ramifications that it has for our lives and the world we live in.

This is primarily pastoral. The conversation here should be light and edifying. Please remember that the doctrine that drives the pastoral care here is LUTHERAN. The Lutheran confessions are the truest exposition of Scripture. Therein is the tradition of the church universal. Those are the facts here, and they are not under dispute. The confessions contain the systematic interpretation of Scripture that has been generally agreed on and put forth by the Church over the ages. I do not consider Scriptural interpretation from the fringes. This is the rule that I hold to here, and I will rigidly enforce it. I also reserve the right to add or change rules as the experience of this blog
goes on.Conversation must be courteous, graceful, and respectful of God's Word. Proper and inproper explanations of Scripture will be pointed out without hesitation. Please remember, correction does not equal judgment. Correction done in love is profitable toward eternal life. If you are not correctable, you are not welcome here. I don't care where or how you quote my words (I am not ashamed of the gospel), but it is forbidden to take the words of any commentors here and republish them unless they give you their permission.

This is intended to be a place of rest. A place where it is possible to find correction, council, forgiveness, and peace for your soul. I thank you in advance for what God will show me, through you.

No comments:

Post a Comment